Training & Seminars
We currently offer the following seminars for churches:
- One-Anothering Friendship in the Church
- A Life-Giving Look at the 7 Deadly Sins
- Sabbath for Life: Embracing Christian Quietness
- Sexual Struggles and the Refuge of God
We also partner with the Blue Ridge Institute for Theological Education to provide courses in pastoral and lay counseling. See below for events where BRCC counselors are speaking.
2019 Events schedule
- January 19. “Walking Together when Life is Hard,” at The River Anglican Church in Blacksburg, VA. (Taught by Michael Gembola)
- January 30-March 6. “Overcoming Obstacles to a Loving Marriage,” Wednesday nights at Fellowship Community Church in Salem, VA. (Taught by Michael Gembola & Dale Kuiken)
- February 16. “Facing the Darkness: Caring for People through Suffering and Abuse” at Redeemer ARP in Christiansburg, VA. (Taught by Michael Gembola & Dale Kuiken)
- March 23. “Loneliness and Abundant Life in the Church” Weekend Conference for Single Adults (Roanoke, VA). Details TBA. (Taught by Michael Gembola)
- April 23. Floyd Ministers’ Association (Floyd, VA). Details TBA.
- May 10-11. “Overcoming Isolation: Serving and belonging in the Church” with Ed Welch at Christ the King Presybterian Church in Roanoke, VA. (Speakers: Ed Welch, Michael Gembola, Dale Kuiken, and D. P. Love).